Monday, March 1, 2010

Anxiety: I spoke too soon

So remember some of things that I said in my last post: "feeling at peace, anxiety being manageable, feeling the baby move every day"? Well, for the last two days all of that went out the window. My mind has shifted to worry, despite having no *real* cause for concern.

Perhaps it is this period of time during my pregnancy- my body's memory- that is naturally causing me to feel uneasy. Also, the little one- who was previously kindly doing daily karate kicks- decided to become very quiet. For a couple of days I felt little movement. THANK GOODNESS for my doppler.. I have been using it in the morning and again at night. I am greatly comforted by the sound of the baby's heartbeat. I'm not sure why the baby's punches are gentle, occasional nudges right now.. but they are they are there. And I know his heart is beating.

I suppose I spoke too soon about my anxiety. You never know what the next day will bring. For now I am walking around with a tightness in my chest. However, I plan to work it out with some prenatal yoga tonight.

Thank you for all of the words of support on my last post! I am confident that I will get past this rough patch and things will get easier in the coming weeks.

5 comments:

  1. (hugs) I'm so sorry it's such a rollercoaster. My babe has been less active today and yesterday, and it's freaking me out a little bit too. The doppler is such a godsend. It's natural for you to be jumpy, but I hope that your little guy will start back up with his gymnastics to help you feel more at ease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry for your anxiety! Thank goodness for the doppler! Even though I can feel my baby moving, I still use the doppler every day. It brings me comfort to know that it is still beating away!

    Keep on dopplering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I was hoping things would be getting easier for you now. Maybe next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry. It must be unimaginably hard, this time in your pregnancy, and bring back so many memories of your time with S. Hope that the yoga and the dopplering (is that even a word?) ease your anxiety a little. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you, one day at a time right?
    Hope the prenatal yoga and the doppler help.

    ReplyDelete