Saturday, October 10, 2009

Harvest Time

My egg retrieval was this morning. First let me back track to the 2 days leading up to it. I was incredibly bloated and uncomfortable- it felt as though my ovaries were about to burst! I was also a complete emotional mess too, on the verge of tears at all times. In fact, I broke down yesterday morning at work. :( Not good. Perhaps it was a build up of the last couple of years of this emotional roller coaster coupled with being super hormonal and anxious about the ER.

I am so relieved to be done with this step! It really wasn't too bad. I feel a slightly crampy and tired today but am taking it easy and am resting.

They were able to retrieve 11 eggs- which is a little better than I expected. Apparently a few of the smaller eggies were able to mature enough over the last couple of days.

So now I wait to until tomorrow to find out how many fertilized and how they are looking.

Come on eggies, fertilize! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment