Sunday, April 11, 2010

Let the 3rd trimester begin

Friends, thank you very much for the cyber hugs on Baby S's birthday on Friday. It meant a lot, especially considering that you all are the only ones (besides dh) that I truly share my grief with. You all are the best! I had a good cry in the morning, then pulled myself together. I wondered if anyone in our families would remember the date. I thought perhaps my sister would and might acknowledge it, but she didn't. It was a reminder that dh and I are alone in our grief, and have been for some time- but I am coming to accept that. I am so grateful to have this space to go to where people understand and where we can support one another.

Today marks week 28 for me! I can't even believe I've made it to the 3rd trimester. I look at my baby ticker, which I put up after 21 weeks passed, and it is now in the double digits. The wee one is currently 2.5 lbs and at this stage has a chance at viability if (God forbid) he were to arrive early. He is kicking around a lot, which I love. I wasn't joking when I said I'm getting huge... I gained 10 lbs in the past month alone. Hopefully that was a growth spurt for me and the weight gain will level off. I have been overdoing it a bit with the sweets (hello, donuts! who even knew I liked you?) but am trying not to obsess- just grateful that the baby is developing on track.

At my appointment last week we had a very brief glimpse that the baby's face in 3-D. He was covering up most of it with his arms and legs, but it was sweet to see- and now I am SO CURIOUS as to what he looks like. I am tempted to go to one of those 3-D/4-D ultrasound places and pay out-of-pocket to get some pics. One thing that is tough about missing Baby S is not knowing what he would look like. So seeing this one is becoming increasingly important to me.

I've been taking some steps in preparing for this baby to arrive into this world. This morning I purchased the crib online (a gift from my parents) and we are signed up for our childbirth preparation classes this month. I feel Baby S with us in spirit as we continue in our journey- you are always on my mind and in my heart.

Hope you are all doing well and are having a relaxing weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for the third trimester! I am so happy you've made it this far! Good luck, and I hope that adorable little baby stays put! (...until he's supposed to!)

    ReplyDelete