Friday, January 29, 2010

Miscellaneous thoughts and updates...

The results from the amnio are in and everything that was tested appears to be "normal." Whew!! A genetic counselor from my MFM's office called to let me know, and we will meet with our obgyn next week to go over the results more thoroughly.

Getting past the amnio is another milestone for me. I definitely appreciate knowing that the baby has the correct number of chromosomes, etc. However, my anxiety has not been focused on the possibility of a chromosomal abnormality. We lost our son last year at 21 weeks unexpectedly for unknown reasons. His heart stopped beating one day, and our doctors were not able to determine the cause. So the not knowing what happened is what bothers me. How do I know it can not happen again?

I've dopplered a couple of times now, on a as-needed basis, and am so glad I bought that thing. There have been a couple of days where I didn't feel any flutters and my mind began to worry. Both times I was able to find the "galloping horse" quickly. Thanks to those of you who recommended the monitor and provided me with helpful information!

In 2 weeks, I am planning a (much-needed) surprise weekend getaway for dh & me. It's going to be his birthday, Valentine's day, and we will have just reached 20 weeks. I am very much looking forward to some relaxation for both of us!

4 comments:

  1. Such wonderful news about the amnio! I'm sure you're getting more and more anxious, though, as you approach 21 weeks. I'm sure you'll be packing that Doppler on your trip so you can check in on baby and have peace of mind! Hope everything is perfect for you this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! Congratulations! Have fun on your vacation!

    Which doppler did you get? I'm glad you are happy you bought it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm delighted that everything continues to go well and that the doppler is proving useful.

    Have a good surprise weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news on the amnio, and I'm so glad the Doppler is giving you peace of mind. It's invaluable, as far as I'm concerned.

    ReplyDelete